Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth’s Interior
IAVCEI Commission of Volcanic Lakes
7th Workshop on Volcanic Lakes
10-19 March 2010
International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's Interior (IAVCEI)
Escuela Centroamericana de Geología, Universidad de Costa Rica (ECG-UCR)
Centro de Investigaciones en Ciencias Geológicas (CICG-UCR)
Centros de Investigación en Ciencias del Mar y Limnología (CIMAR-UCR)
Red Sismológica Nacional (RSN: ICE-UCR)
Volcanological and Seismological Observatory of Costa Rica, Universidad Nacional (OVSICORI-UNA)
On behalf of the hosting volcanological community of the Universidad de Costa Rica-San José and the Universidad Nacional-Heredia we are delighted to invite you to the 7th Workshop of the IAVCEI Commission of
This meeting will bring together a group of volcanologists, geochemists, limnologists and geothermal researchers interested in volcanic lakes and volcanic degassing. Its main goal is to streamline the efforts to develop effective strategies for volcanic lake monitoring and research, as well as to strengthen the mitigation of hazards posed by volcanic lakes.
- Theoretical and practical aspects of volcanic lakes and involved gas-water-rock interactions.
- Discussion on new developments in sampling and analytical methods.
- Discussion on the interpretation of fluid geochemical models of crater lakes, and generalizations.
- Renewed attention will go to “lake-Nyos type” degassing volcanic lakes.
- Geophysical methods to understand volcanic lake systems.